Dear Chestatee Academy Family,
We are about to embark on a very important time of the school year. Chestatee Academy students will have the opportunity to show what they have learned throughout the year by taking a standardized test known as the Georgia Milestones Assessment. Our testing window will be April 19th – April 26th 2016.
Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
Parents can help your student by:
- Encouraging your student to employ good study and test-taking skills. These skills include following directions carefully, avoiding careless errors, and reviewing work.
- Explaining the purpose of the tests. The assessments give students an opportunity to show what they have learned in school. They also give teachers information that helps them plan instruction.
- Pointing out that some items may be more difficult than others.
- Making sure your student gets plenty of sleep and has a healthy breakfast and lunch. Taking tests is hard work for many students and can require a lot of energy.
- Having your student is at school on time. Rushing and worrying about being late could affect performance on the tests.
- Remembering to ask your student about the testing at the end of each day.