Check out the pictures from the 8th Grade Dance
Band Concert (8th Band at CHS gym from 7 – 7:30)
Tuesday (5th Grade Tour Day)
Chorus Concert (7:30 @ Riverside Academy)
Wednesday (Full Academic)
5th Grade Parent Night (6-7:15)
Saturday School 8-12
One of our fellow War Eagles, 8th grader Jackson Wood, was recently diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. He is currently receiving treatment at Egleston in Atlanta. We would like to show our support to Jackson and his family by having a Hat Day on Friday, May 20th. Students can pay $1 to wear a hat on this day and all the money will be donated to help Jackson and his family pay for medical expenses. Students that wear a hat on May 20th will need to turn in their $1 to their home room teacher. You may also show your support by purchasing a t-shirt or making a donation at the link below. Thank you for your support!
Soccer Tourney at Allen Creek Field 3 (Boys vs Davis @ 5, Girls vs North Hall @ 6:30)
Tuesday (Testing Schedule)
English-Language Arts End of Grade Test (EOG)
Hall Co Soccer Semifinals
Wednesday (Testing Schedule)
Thursday (Testing Schedule)
Friday (Full Academic)
CHS Cross Country Meeting 8:00 in gym
This Saturday, April 23rd, Honor Society is hosting its First Annual Day of Service. If you are an Honor Society member, please remember that you must complete some sort of service act on Saturday. Pick up a documentation slip from Mrs. Brooksher or Mrs. Hudgins sometime this week! If you are NOT an Honor Society member, you should join us anyway! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate. Just don’t forget to document your service, because we want to keep up with the total hours our awesome Chestatee family spends helping others!
Dear Chestatee Academy Family,
We are about to embark on a very important time of the school year. Chestatee Academy students will have the opportunity to show what they have learned throughout the year by taking a standardized test known as the Georgia Milestones Assessment. Our testing window will be April 19th – April 26th 2016.
Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
Parents can help your student by:
- Encouraging your student to employ good study and test-taking skills. These skills include following directions carefully, avoiding careless errors, and reviewing work.
- Explaining the purpose of the tests. The assessments give students an opportunity to show what they have learned in school. They also give teachers information that helps them plan instruction.
- Pointing out that some items may be more difficult than others.
- Making sure your student gets plenty of sleep and has a healthy breakfast and lunch. Taking tests is hard work for many students and can require a lot of energy.
- Having your student is at school on time. Rushing and worrying about being late could affect performance on the tests.
- Remembering to ask your student about the testing at the end of each day.