The supply lists for each grade for the upcoming school year can be found here. Have a great summer and we will see you in August.
Hall County Schools has opened the application process for the High School Programs of Choice for rising freshmen wishing to apply for the 2019 – 2020 school year. For more information about Hall County School District’s Programs of Choice, please go to the HCSD Programs of Choice webpage.
Applications will be available by October 22 on each school/program of choice webpage. Students may apply for up to 2 Programs of Choice. The application deadline is December 7, 2018.
If you would like to have the opportunity to meet the coordinators of all of our programs of choice, please attend the upcoming District Parent/Student Information Meeting on October 23 at LCCA (Lanier College and Career Academy). Each program of choice also hosts its own Parent/Student Information meeting at the respective schools, where parents and students can hear more detailed information and meet the coordinator and students.
Please join us for 5th grade parent night. Parents and students will have the opportunity to learn about our unique SOAR program, meet teachers and administrators, tour the school, enjoy some popcorn, buy War Eagle gear, gather information from our many after school activities and learn about our sports programs. We can’t wait to meet you!
May 17, 2018 6pm-7pm
Please email Audra Barr, counselor, for more information at Audra.Barr@hallco.org
Wednesday and Thursday are “School from Home Days”. School work will be posted on the CA website and was sent in email. Students that are unable to complete “School from Home” assignments will be given additional time to make up these assignments. We understand that some families are still without power and/or internet.
Open House is Tuesday, August 1st from 4:00 – 7:00.
Come pick up your student’s schedule and meet the teachers.
Save time by printing out the Student Health Information Sheet and filling it out before you come!
Open House es el martes, 1 de agosto de 4:00 – 7:00.
Venga a recoger el horario de su estudiante y conocer a los maestros.
¡Ahorre tiempo imprimiendo la Hoja de Información de Salud del Estudiante y rellenándola antes de venir!
Be sure to check out the summer reading list.
Dear Chestatee Academy Family,
We are about to embark on a very important time of the school year. Chestatee Academy students will have the opportunity to show what they have learned throughout the year by taking a standardized test known as the Georgia Milestones Assessment. Our testing window will be April 12th – April 20th 2017.
Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
Parents can help your student by:
- Encouraging your student to employ good study and test-taking skills. These skills include following directions carefully, avoiding careless errors, and reviewing work.
- Explaining the purpose of the tests. The assessments give students an opportunity to show what they have learned in school. They also give teachers information that helps them plan instruction.
- Pointing out that some items may be more difficult than others.
- Making sure your student gets plenty of sleep and has a healthy breakfast and lunch. Taking tests is hard work for many students and can require a lot of energy.
- Having your student at school on time. Rushing and worrying about being late could affect performance on the tests.
- Remembering to ask your student about the testing at the end of each day.
Chestatee Academy Administration